Viva Connections uses the global navigation links along with personalized content provided by Microsoft Graph. The global navigation is configured in the SharePoint HOME site. Therefore, the recommended first step is to set up a SharePoint HOME site in the tenant. Technically also any other SharePoint modern site can be used in the Tenant.
Setting up the SharePoint HOME site
- Connect to SPO: Connect-SPOService -Url https://contoso-admin.sharepoint.com
- Setup Home Site:
Set-SPOHomeSite -HomeSiteUrl <siteUrl>
Configuring Global Navigation
- As long as global navigation is disabled, the Home icon is associated with the SharePoint home site.
- Customizing global navigation requires a home site.
- To enable global navigation, site owner permissions (or higher) are required for the home site.
- Users need read access (or higher) to the home site to view the global navigation links.
- Audience targeting can be applied to navigation links in the global navigation.
- After global navigation is enabled, it may take up to 24 hours to display.
- URL of your tenant's home site: Enter the URL of the tenant's home site that begins with "https://". This page becomes the default landing page for Viva Connections.
- Name: The name of your Viva Connections desktop package, as it should appear in Teams App bar.
- App short description (80 characters): A short description for your app that will appear in Teams App Catalog.
- App long description (4000 characters): A long description for your app that will appear in Teams App Catalog.
- Company name: Your organization name, visible on the app page in Teams App Catalog in the "Created by" section.
- Company website: Your organization's public website (must start with https://), which will be linked to your organization's app name on the app page in Teams App Catalog in the "Created By" section.
- Icons: You must provide two PNG icons that will be used to represent your Viva Connections desktop app in Teams; a 192X192 pixel color icon for the Teams App Catalog and a 32X32 pixel monochrome icon for the Teams App Bar.